Tuesday, June 8, 2010

fat art

fat girl zine has been on hold in the last year, due to other pursuits! it's always in progress, just more slowly than i would like sometimes. in the mean time, i've been working on various projects, including a few collaborative art journals. body positive artwork goes into most of my projects, and here's a recent sketch:

she loved her double chin


some older work, from the same project (just a different part) is below, shown in watercolor and ink. it's a bit of journaling about childhood, and body image:

fgs s001 p03


FG 1-14 are all available in my etsy shop if you're interested. keep your eyes out for other body positive things in the future. lots planned for the summer! xox nicci

fg : proverb

1 comment:

angela bruera said...

Hi!!
I kind of stumble by fate with your bllog or something, if you know what I mean.
I'm sorr if this doen's make much sense, english is not even my mother languaje.
Anyway, I'm insecure and always thinking about calories and the way the fat in my body looks and how to be skinny... and seeing your blog, reading thinks like that... it inspire me. The media, the magazine, the tv, the fashion, all tell us to be skinny and try deseperately to fitt in.... and I was searchinf Anna Morosini, a grat photographer when I realize most of her pictures are about women... skinny women. Not one of them is nearly, like a pound, overweight. I start asking myself, why? why? why? and tipe fat art on google... well, wherever. I found your blog and just by reading an antry I knew this is what I need, not pro anorexic blogs, like I am used to.

Thanks for being yourself and making this site on the internet.

Kisses from Argentina :D